First Tour by our founder was 1979
Allan Johnston established his luxury tour company, Crown Tours & Travel NZ Ltd. after working in travel and tourism and similar industries for the past 40 years. Having been a tour guide with over 250 groups for Dart River Safaris alone, Allan brings to Crown Tours his vast wealth of travel experience and insight on what is required when travelling the length and breadth of New Zealand.
Allan’s experience in tourism spans from the attractions of Rotorua to working in the USA for The Disney and Walton families as well as with Sir Peter Blake in NZ and Dennis Conner’s boat building company in San Diego California, USA.
Allan believes that “we all convey and bring different skills to Crown Tours. Our team members have been trained in New Zealand, the United Kingdom, the United States, Europe and Asia. You could call us a “United Nations on Wheels.” With a combined experience of more than 60 years in the luxury tourism and travel industry, Crown delivers on its promises.”
With so many things to see and do in New Zealand, Crown Tours can custom-tailor your travel experience to provide you with maximum flexibility and affording great value for money. We are real kiwis going off the beaten track when needed, we live it and know where the hidden gems are in New Zealand.
“Many of our seasoned staff have worked for many New Zealand tour operators over a number of years, so their experience is exceptional – operators such as Dart River Safaris, A. J. Hackett Bungy, Milford Sound Tours, Hollyford Track, to name but a few.”
What Drives Us
“Everybody in our company has one goal in common – to show you the very best New Zealand has to offer and to introduce you to the places we call home. All of our family of drivers speak English, but should you require foreign language tour guides/drivers we have team members who speak Cantonese and Mandarin – plus a select number of other languages if they are required.”
Ultimately, Crown Tours offer exceptional service utilizing luxury vehicles to ensure your time in New Zealand is extra special. There is something different for everyone to discover in New Zealand. The country provides an endless visual feast for the body, mind and soul.
We have a sense of adventure, humour and fun which we share with all our guest showing them a great time in our backyard it’s who we are as kiwis and it goes to the core of what New Zealanders are known for.
“We are ready to ensure your holiday is the very best on offer, in relaxing comfort, in our wonderful slice of paradise.”
“We ensure your vacation is packed with the very best on offer, in relaxing comfort, in our wonderful slice of paradise.”
About New Zealand
- New Zealand is a bit bigger than the size of Great Britain and a little smaller than Japan but almost 36 times smaller than the size of the USA.
- It is approximately the size of California and about 75% of the size of Germany.
- About 268,000 square kilometres.
- About 1600 kilometres from north to south.
- You are never further than 170 km from the sea anywhere in NZ.
- It’s situated in the South Pacific Ocean in the Southern Hemisphere, half way between Equator and South Pole in the latitude of the Roaring Forties.
- It has 27 mountains over 3050 metres high; with Mount Cook being the highest mountain in Australasia at 3755 metres.
- Lies about 2200 km east of Australia a 3-hour flight and 10,400 km south-west of the USA.
- It’s made up predominantly of two big islands (North Island and South Island).
- The popular spots to visit in NZ: Paihia Bay of Islands, Auckland, Hobbiton, Rotorua, Taupo, Napier, Wellington Picton, Nelson, Kaikoura, Christchurch, Wanaka, Haast, Queenstown, Milford Sound and Te Anau.
- Like Crown Tours, Kiwis love to have fun from the beaches to the mountains so come to have some fun in our backyard.
- INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS TIMES APPROX Los Angeles LAX to Auckland AKL – 13 hours
- New Zealand Auckland Tours
- New Zealand Bespoke Tours
- New Zealand North Island Tours
- New Zealand Private Tours
- New Zealand ProGuides member
- New Zealand North & South Island Tour Guides
Call today to discuss your tour